Wednesday 26 January 2011

GRAND PLUMAGE



As much as I am amazed and inspired by fashion designers' collections every season, I try not to let that inspiration translate too literally in my personal illustrations. It's much more interesting for me to choose various elements that I like and find a way to incorporate them into my work. This illustration draws loose inspiration of the retro hair and makeup styling from the Louis Vuitton SS11 show and the colours and textures from the Alexander McQueen SS11 collection.

I have also decided to use this image on the home page of my new website. I've been working on it for quite a while but I was never really happy with how it looked so I hesitated in sharing it. Now that I've done a massive revamp, I'm really pleased with it and I finally feel comfortable enough to share it with everyone!

Please take a look and tell me what you think - Danielle Shepherd Fashion Illustration.

I've also set up a Danielle Shepherd Fashion Illustration page on Facebook to connect with anyone who is interested in my work. You can go here to 'like' this page or you can also connect through the widget in this blog's sidebar. Looking forward to connecting with all of you!  xx


Follow Me - Facebook/Twitter

5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much dear. Your new work is amazing! I LOVE these

    Leon

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Great illustration!
    xx

    johanna, sweden
    ART

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danielle, you are getting better and better every time I visit. go get em tiger! :-)
    Site looks great.

    cuuuuu!

    M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work - love the style! :)
    Geanina.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much Maya and Geanina! :D xx

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? Opinions? I gladly welcome them! x